Restorative dental service / cavity filling
Cavities can be treated in several ways according to their stages such as use of fluoride in the specific area or regularly brushing teeth with fluoride tooth paste which helps to restore a tooth that is beginning to decay to normal condition. Brush your teeth with toothpaste containing fluoride and leave the toothpaste in your mouth for 2 minutes before rinsing. By doing this, tooth decay can be prevented (small children should be careful not to swallow the tooth paste as it can be harmful). For people who have removable or permanent false teeth or people with any fittings for tooth alignment, if they are not well looked after or well cleaned, it is easy for microorganisms to accumulate which create the risk of causing tooth decay, gingivitis and periodontal disease.
|Cavity filling||When tooth decay is obvious and becomes a cavity in a stage that causes damage to the dentine.|
|Root canal treatment.||A treatment for tooth decay that has spread into the root canal.|
|Tooth extraction.||When the decay is advanced and the dentine cannot support the tooth any longer.|
Most effective prevention of tooth decay
- • Eat nutritious food and avoid sticky sweet food that can stick to your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
- • Look after and clean oral cavities thoroughly and regularly by brushing with fluoride tooth paste.
- • Check oral cavity health by yourself regularly.
- • Use additional fluoride to prevent tooth decay.
How to take care of yourself after a cavity filling
Cavity filling with metal material (amalgam)
- 1. Do not chew on the side of your mouth for 24 hours as the material has not yet set itself.
- 2. Initially after the cavity filling, the tooth is usually hypersensitive when in contact with heat or cold. This feeling will gradually disappear over time which may be different for each person. If the tooth ache persists, patients should contact the dentist quickly.
- 3. Patients should try to chew again. If the tooth feels too high, uneven, or you are unable to chew, visit the dentist to fix the problem or to retouch the cavity filling so that it is not difficult to chew.
- 4. In case it is necessary to use an anesthetic drug to reduce soreness during grinding a tooth, the upper teeth will be numb in a specific area but the lower teeth will usually be numb in a larger area. The anesthetic drug will be effective for approximately 1 – 2 hours.
- 5. A tooth that was abnormal or a tooth that has a deep cavity may be painful or severely sore after the filling because the cavity is so deep that it nearly reaches the root canal or has already reached the root canal. In cases like these, the patient should visit the dentist quickly for a suitable treatment.
Cavity filling with tooth color material
- After the cavity filling is completed, the teeth can be used for chewing straightaway.
- For filling at the front teeth, chewing directly with the front teeth should be avoided because the resin at the front teeth is for cosmetics and not strong enough for chewing.
- Material that is the color of teeth will turn darker or yellow when used for a long time.
- If chewing causes a feeling that the tooth is too high, uneven, sore, or aching, patients should visit the dentist immediately to examine, solve the problem, or do a retouch, so that the tooth can be used for chewing.
- A tooth that was abnormal or a tooth that has a deep cavity may be painful or severely sore after the filling because the cavity is so deep that it nearly reaches the root canal or has already reached the root canal. In cases like these, the patient should visit the dentist quickly for a suitable treatment.
Cost for cavity filling for 2 types of material
- Cavity filling with metal material (amalgam) is 900 baht / side.
- Cavity filling with material that is teeth color is 1,200 baht / side.
For more Information
LDC Dental มาตรฐานสากล ระดับโรงพยาบาล
ที่ LDC Dental เรามุ่งมั่นและใส่ใจ ในการให้บริการ ด้วยทีมงานที่มีคุณภาพ
โลเคชั่นที่สะดวกสบายและครอบคลุม เครื่องมือที่ทันสมัย และเทคโนโลยีการรักษาใหม่ล่าสุด
“คุณจึงมั่นใจได้ว่า…คุณจะได้รับการรักษาและบริการ จาก LDC Dental บนมาตรฐานเดียวกันทุกสาขา”